Estonia Opens First Honorary Consulate in Malaysia
13 February (BNS)
Estonian Minister for Economic Affairs and Communications Juhan Parts met in Kuala Lumpur on Monday with Dato' Mukhriz Mahathir, the Malaysian minister of international trade and industry.
The meeting focused on potential economic co-operation in different spheres. There are common interests in information technology, forestry, wood industry and tourism.
On Sunday Juhan Parts opened the first honorary consulate in the country in Kuala Lumpur. The Estonian honorary consulate in Malaysia will help create opportunities for further developments.
The Estonian honorary consul in Kuala Lumpur is retired colonel Dato' Harbans Singh. Although the official opening of the honorary consulate took place on Sunday, Dato' Harbans Singh has been working as the honorary consular since last December.
The consular area of the honorary consul Dato' Harbans Singh is the whole territory of Malaysia, The address of the Estonian honorary consulate in Kuala Lumpur is 23 Lorong Setiabistari 7, Bukit Damansara.
Estonia has honorary consulates in 66 countries.
- Foreign News
- Intensifying Co-operation in Energy and Transport Sectors is in Estonia and Latvia’s Interests
- Czech Republic is Important Contributor to Security of Estonian Airspace
- Prime Minister Meets Unofficially With Merkel and Others
- Director of FBI Pays Short Visit to Estonia
- Estonia and Singapore Sign Aviation Accord
- Estonia Opens First Honorary Consulate in Malaysia
- Seminar on Foreign Markets for Producers of Pre-Built Houses Held in Foreign Ministry
- Domestic News
- Defence News
- Economic News
- Cultural and Sports News
|ESTONIAN REVIEW (ISSN 1023-1951) is issued by
the Estonian Foreign Ministry's
Public Diplomacy and Media Relations Department
|ESTONIAN REVIEW is compiled in co-operation with the|
Baltic News Service www.bns.ee and Estonian Public Broadcasting news.err.ee