Civil Society of Belarus Will Continue to Receive Focused Support
Foreign Minister Urmas Paet stated that the Foreign Ministry is allocating 12 780 euros from its development co-operation budget for the Belarusian European Humanities University located in Vilnius in order to support the development of civil society in Belarus. “Only focused, carefully thought out, and lasting support will allow the civil society of Belarus to develop. Experiences in an open society will certainly help with this,” Paet added.
Foreign Minister Paet stated that Estonia plans to increase support for Belarusian civil society within the framework of development co-operation and to take advantage of the opportunities provided by the Eastern Partnership Centre. “The continuation of contacts between universities in Estonia and Belarus is also essential,” Paet stated.
The Belarusian European Humanities University is an institution of higher education that was accredited in Vilnius after its school in Minsk was shut down by Belarusian authorities in 2004. The university was founded in Minsk in 1992, supported by international charitable foundations. The Belarusian European Humanities University offers bachelor, master, and doctoral level studies. The university has eight departments, and areas of study include philosophy, theology, political science, psychology, international law, international economics, economics, art history and theory, international cultural tourism, and information technology. Belarusian university students who are unable to study in Belarus due to their political views are able to study at the European Humanities University.
- Top News
- Foreign News
- NATO-Led Mission Will Remain in Libya Until Gadhafi Regime Ends Violence Against Citizens
- Foreign Minister Paet Met With Representative of Palestinian Authority
- Estonia Highly Values NATO-Georgia Partnership Relations
- Civil Society of Belarus Will Continue to Receive Focused Support
- Estonia Hopes for Quick Integration of Moldova and Ukraine With European Union
- Romanian Head of State Meets With President, Prime Minister
- Estonia Supports Council of Europe's Fight Against Cybercrime
- Ambassador to Sweden Presents Credentials
- Domestic News
- Defence News
- Economic News
- Cultural and Sports News
|ESTONIAN REVIEW (ISSN 1023-1951) is issued by
the Estonian Foreign Ministry's
Public Diplomacy and Media Relations Department
|ESTONIAN REVIEW is compiled in co-operation with the|
Baltic News Service www.bns.ee and Estonian Public Broadcasting news.err.ee